Thursday, June 7, 2012

Garfield: The Movie (2004) review


(2/10)

This really should have stayed a cartoon instead of a boring, money-sucking kid's movie that doesn't succeed in hardly anything.

PLOT:Garfield (Bill Murray) is just a fat, lazy cat that loves to eat and have his owner, Jon (Breckin Meyer) take care of him. One day, when Jon brings Garfield to the vet's for a check-up and to see his high-school vet crush (Jennifer Love Hewitt), he ends up getting a dog named Odie and bringing it home with him. Garfield immediately develops a negative relationship with the canine goes on odd's end to get rid of him. When Odie gets locked out, morning show host, Happy Chapman (Stephen Tobolowsky), kidnaps Odie planning to launch is career in New York. Now Garfield must travel out of his cul-de-sac to save Odie. It's a simple plot executed badly.



ACTING/VOICES:The acting in here is near horrible. No performance is any good, but there are a couple who try; call shiners if you will. Those people would be Bill Murray as Garfield, Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dr. Liz, and David Eigenberg as Nermal. The other voices and acting just get on my nerves and is dreadful. Even the "shiners", who try to make the best of their roles, end up falling victim to the dreadful script.

SCORE:The score is mainly for mood, but there are a few well-placed songs and a couple annoying covers.

EFFECTS:The CGI effect used to make Garfield was decent, but I didn't like it much still.



OTHER CONTENT:I used to like this movie a little bit before I started reviewing. Now? I can't stand it! I'd go as far as to sell the DVD. It's boring, bland, dreadful, unfunny most of the time, and formulaic to the beat. The only pros I can find with this is that I had a couple of decent laughs and that I could faintly see the shadow of the original Garfield cartoons and comics in this.

OVERALL,a sucky kid's movie with a simple and badly executed plot, dreadful acting, a dreadful script, mood score, decent CGI, and being boring, dreadful, unfunny, and formulaic, but I did laugh a couple times and I can see the comics reflected in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment