Monday, March 26, 2012

Winnie the Pooh (2011) review


(7/10)

Ruin or strengthen my childhood? I choose strengthen.

PLOT:Winnie the Pooh (Jim Cummings) and his friends are living their everyday lives when they realize that Eeyore (Bud Luckey) has lost his tail. Owl (Craig Ferguson) organizes a contest in which the natives to the Hundred Acre Wood go out to find Eeyore a new tail. In all of this buzz, Pooh finds a letter at Christopher Robin's house that Owl interprets to say that Christopher has been kidnapped by an imaginary creature named the "Backson", and so they set out to catch this creature and get Christopher Robin back. It's a very simple plot executed simply right.

VOICES:The voices kind of threw me off a little because of the ones I have been used to in the older movies/series'. Some fit well, some were pretty awful. The best replacements were Jim Cummings as Pooh, Craig Ferguson as Owl, and Kristen Anderson-Lopez as Kanga. There was only one voice I couldn't get into, and that was Tom Kenny as Rabbit. It was a good try and good idea, but it didn't work out.



SCORE:The score was mainly made up of cute little songs put in between to maximize the children's movie theme. They were cute and entertaining, but nothing more.

ANIMATION:The animation was one of the best parts of the movie. They went on odds end to make the animation as nostalgic and whimsical as it used to be in the old days. I loved it; it made me feel like I was a carefree child watching the show with my mom again. The days...



OTHER CONTENT:This movie was really made for nothing more but to re-vamp the old franchise of Pooh and bring back memories. Though some consider it unnecessary, I liked it. The movie isn't anything spectacular, it's just a fun-to-watch, cute, remniscient kid's movie. I admit that I expected a little more out of it (especially running time wise), but it was fine the way it was.

OVERALL, a good children's movie with a simply executed plot, mainly decent replacement voices, cutely entertaining score, nostalgic animation, and too short of a running time.

No comments:

Post a Comment