Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dazed & Confused (1993) review


(10/10)

Remember the 70s when drugs could only bring you higher, music had a guitar instead of generic drumbeats, and everyone wanted love and peace amongst themselves?

PLOT:It's the last day of school in 1976 and everybody's going wild! The seniors beating the snot out of freshman, getting the beer and weed for parties, and riding out into the night looking for a good time. There are several storylines here. There's Pink (Jason London) looking to the future and what he wants to do with his life, Mitch, a freshamn partying with the seniors, Sabrina, a freshman also partying with the seniors, several other freshman running from the one asshole senior that wants to beat the snot out of them, a group of nerdy seniors looking for something to do, and Slater just getting high. It is a very widespread plot, filled to the brim with 70's nostalgic glory.

ACTING:Decent. Everybody did a good job, even the bland Milla Jovovich. This is probably her best role (XD). The shiners were Jason London, Wiley Wiggins as Mitch, Matthew McConaughey's character, Sasha Jenson as Don, and Rory Cochrane as Slater.



SOUNDTRACK:The best movie soundtrack ever, IMO. Every song on here I either knew or have on my iPod. The 70s rocked in music.

OTHER CONTENT:I loved this movie. It is now one of my favorites of all-time. One of the speeches said in here is the anthem of my little, one-horse town. "I just want to look back and say that I did the best I could while I was stuck in this place, had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place, played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place...." That is my town's anthem for our generation. Also about the lines, every other line in here was either hilarious or deep. The script was written very wisely for comedy taking place in the 70s. This movie is perfect in every way it was made to be.



OVERALL,an epic coming-of-age film with a nostalgic, widespread plot, decent acting with some shining performances, one of the (if not the) best movie soundtracks I've ever heard, and a finely written script. The 70s have NEVER rocked harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment